is my system not accurately telling me the salt level?

Double check the label on the cell because it should be a T-15 not a T-5. I don't think a T-5 works on v1.4.

The older boards, that do not show cell type, use a jumper on the back board to change cell type.

Try this:

1) switch the switch to off.
2) turn percent knob to 50 percent.
3) wait 5 minutes.
4) put switch back to auto
5) within 30 seconds you should hear a click
6) when you hear the click, wait 30 seconds and then scroll through the diagnostic readings

The default display is average salt level. Pressing the diagnostics button provides the following information:

1) Temperature.
2) Voltage.
3) Current in amps.
4) Percent production selected.
5) Instant salt (Has a - in front of number.
6) Name Display
7) Software revision level
If the instant salt is very low, then the cell is likely to be bad.

I had a similar issue but based on the guidance I received from the team, I got the cell checked and it failed. I believe swimpure and aquarite use similar boards. Also, my other questions was on the Swimpure-20 can I use T-15, as I have T-5. Based on the guidance I sure can but have to solder 2 points to cover T-15 on this older revision board with ver r1.40 software. I opened the front panel and this is an old Motherboard from Goldline control PN#G1-066012C-1 Rev C and the software version is R1.40. This version of hardware has an option on the motherboard to either select T-5 or T-15(need to solder the 2 points).

but isn't any T-15 cell meant for a pool up to 40K gallons? It sounds like if you were a T-5 user a new board would be used to accept a new T-3 cell. I'm assuming this just comes down to cost - a new board vs. a new cell. However; in my case the cell is so old the logic is to replace the cell regardless. I'm expecting it here on Wednesday - should it not work, then i believe it would be a board issue.

Also, given this cell was working at one time without problem, I really don't think it was a board configuration issue because someone would have had to change the board on you. However, the limiter could still be the problem.

Did you test the cell again?

Did you confirm the cell is a T-15?

Yes the cell was tested and it failed - i ordered a new one without question due to the age of it. Being that this is revision 1.4 and the cell clearly is labeled T-5, I have no doubt that this is the issue. When the cell arrives I'll start the process over again and should it still be an issue, we'll look at the limiter!

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.