Michael in Manteca California the Central Valley

So now back to the draining of the pool
There is a hose spicket coming from the pump to the filter....can i turn the pump on and connect a hose to this spicket and drain all the water out of the pool this way??? I do have two floor drains in the bottom of the pool for whatever that is worth.
Also does the float diverter valve look correct..it has that circular cover that is pushed to the side completely exposing the hole through the diverter
Lastly, that basket that is inside the pump that i have to use the tool to open and release the pressure to get to the basket....how often do I open this basket and clean it...is it once a week with the skimmer or just twice a year when i clean the filter?

Yup your floor drains are plumbed into the bottom of the skimmer. If you completely close the flap on the spaceship looking diverter, that will force most of the water to be pulled from the floor instead of the skimmer. Do that and you can try to drain the water out of the hose bib ... BUT ... once the pool water level gets below the skimmer, it may start pulling in air instead of the water from the floor. So you have to watch to see if the pump keeps water moving. If the pump fills with air and no water is moving, you can ruin the pump/motor.

You need to open the basket on the pump as often as needed if it gets debris in it. And you need to also be cleaning the skimmer out as often as needed to keep it relatively empty. When the leave / pollen is falling, that may be a couple times per day.