Can automatic pool cover pump lower pool level?

My pool company closed our pool, lowered the water a bit below the skimmers, and I put an automatic pool pump on the cover. This is just a tarp type cover with water weights around the pool to hold it in place. It may just be me, but I think that the water level is lower than when the pool was closed. The cover didn't seem to have any holes, but is it possible that my automatic pool cover pump is pulling water out of my pool rather than just off the top of the cover? I unplugged the pump (a Rule H53SP-24 Marine Rule 1800) and it doesn't siphon when unplugged, but I'm concerned about leaving it plugged in. Am I paranoid, or is my concern legitimate?

Thanks--

Al

Thanks. I'll check with the company I got the cover from. Meanwhile, I'll leave the pump unplugged unless it is raining... Would it prevent the possible draining of the pool to put some kind of short barrier (such as a cut off milk carton) between the bottom of the pump and the cover? I'm thinking that it wouldn't get as much water off my cover, but it should protect the contents of the pool.

Best--

Al

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.