Cover up skimmer lid holes in winter

DOMO

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2013
Rowley, MA
Hi all. Do people typically cover up the holes in their skimmer lids/covers in winter to stop rain and snow melt from getting into skimmers (and deck leaf canisters)? If so, how? Would think tape would not stick well and someone recommended a plastic bag, but would think there is a better (and more aesthetically pleasing) method?

DOMO said:
Hi all. Do people typically cover up the holes in their skimmer lids/covers in winter to stop rain and snow melt from getting into skimmers (and deck leaf canisters)? If so, how? Would think tape would not stick well and someone recommended a plastic bag, but would think there is a better (and more aesthetically pleasing) method?

For my skimmer I cut a piece of plastic out a gallon freezer bag, put it over the hole and then put the cover on. I guess it would depend on the type of skimmer whether or not this would work for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.