VSP RPM and Run times?

Jun 14, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi - I have looked through pool school and this forum and cannot find guidelines for run times or recommended RPM's for various modes (filter, cleaning, spa). I have read that every situation is different, but I thought there is probably a "baseline" to start with. Apologies in advance if this has been answered already. Thanks!

So you saw the article in Pool School about how to determine run time?

You can go down to around 1000 rpm for filtering as that is near the most efficient of the pump. If that does not skim well enough you can increase it. For the spa, you adjust to have the jets like you want them.

It is all mostly experimental.

Thanks, yes I did read the pump run time article.

What I am having trouble with is what "low speed" vs. "high speed" would be - your suggestion of 1000 RPM is helpful.

I was also concerned with questions such as: whether it's a problem to run near the max (3450 RPM) in spa mode and whether the speed should differ when running the cleaner (which has a booster pump), for example.

That 1000 rpm is most efficient for Intelliflo pumps, not sure about the Jandy. The cleaner with booster pump can run at the same low rpm.

There really should not be a problem running at near max rpm if the plumbing for the spa was done correctly and if the filter is large enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.