Flintstone, GA USA
My configuration is:
In ground Pool.
1 skimmer
1 Sand Filter
1 Heater (gas)
1 pump.
2 return lines and 1 main drain line.

I use a gizmo that I put into the skimmer and attach the compresser to the gizmo in order to blow out my lines.

I plug the return jet that is the farther away and leave the other one unplugged.

I have a 6 way valve on my sand filter.

I leave plugs in the cleaner, pump and filter and heater.

I leave the 3 way valve set on full skim because the main drain water will seek the same level as the water in the pool.

At this point I am not undoing any of the unions in any of the fixture plumbing.

Question: Do I drain the water out of the filter and then reinstall the drain plug before I start blowing out the water in the
lines or do I drain the water out of the Filter, heater, and pump first and then reinstall the plugs before I start blowing
through the gizmo?

This has always been hard for me to figure out. I did it one way one time and had to put water back into the filter etc.
I live in NW Georgia and cover my pool with a solid loop lock cover so I do not drain the water down as I was told that it was not necessary if you were using this type cover.
Tom

Will this method blow all the water out of the

TGMcCallie said:
My configuration is:
In ground Pool.
1 skimmer
1 Sand Filter
1 Heater (gas)
1 pump.
2 return lines and 1 main drain line.

I use a gizmo that I put into the skimmer and attach the compresser to the gizmo in order to blow out my lines.

I plug the return jet that is the farther away and leave the other one unplugged.

I have a 6 way valve on my sand filter.

I leave plugs in the cleaner, pump and filter and heater.

I leave the 3 way valve set on full skim because the main drain water will seek the same level as the water in the pool.

At this point I am not undoing any of the unions in any of the fixture plumbing.

Question: Do I drain the water out of the filter and then reinstall the drain plug before I start blowing out the water in the
lines or do I drain the water out of the Filter, heater, and pump first and then reinstall the plugs before I start blowing
through the gizmo?

This has always been hard for me to figure out. I did it one way one time and had to put water back into the filter etc.
I live in NW Georgia and cover my pool with a solid loop lock cover so I do not drain the water down as I was told that it was not necessary if you were using this type cover.
Tom

Will this method blow all the water out of the

I leave the water in my sand filter and blow it out at the same time. I do blow from the pump instead of the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.