CHANGE PUSH/PULL TO MULTIPORT BACKWASH VALVE

gbski

Sep 20, 2013
Central Florida
Can I replace a multiport backflush where I have a push/pull on the same filter? I have a 36 SF grid DE filter with the push/pull valve which is currently all jambed up. Would like the vacuum to waste feature possibly.

Thanks!

Tried to take out the piston to replace O-rings. Could not get the dang this out no matter. So I'm back to looking at replacing the whole backflush valve and the MPV again... The filter model # wore off the tag. The push-pull valve label is a Pentair 26-1165. Can I put a Pentair 26-1055 MPV in as a replacement. I have the 7.5" center and 2" pipe connections.

Thanks,
Gbski

Any MPV should fit if it's 2" ports and 7.5 on center. (mine is a Pentair MS 203 and has those dimensions)

You will surely have to re-plumb the intake (from the pump) and output (to the returns) plumbing.....I don't think you can match those up switching from a push-pull to an MPV

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.