ProTeam Spa Metal Magic

jp12

Jul 24, 2013
Dallas, TX
I have been using "Jack's Magic Pink Stuff" as a sequestrant in my pool to fight ongoing metal stains. At almost $25 a bottle, it gets pretty expensive. Searching for an alternative online, I discovered "ProTeam Spa Metal Magic" for just $7 a bottle. http://www.hottubwarehouse.com/ProTeam-Spa-Metal-Magic-p/c003945-cs40p.htm Is it too good to be true? I tried comparing the MSDS information, but don't know how to determine the chemical concentration.

Thanks,
-JP

According to the article in Pool School: pool-school/metal%20stains

The Metal Magic is one of the recommended brands (assuming that the "Spa" in the name does not mean the ingredients are different).

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.