Question about top rail

Our deck goes under the top rail. After the first pool party we had the top rail started to get bent. People were stepping on the top rail. I ended up building a platform around the rail with a 2 X 12 on top that extends past the top rail. If I had to do the deck over I would rather have the whole deck go over the top rail with some provision that would allow you to get to the top rail if you have to change out the liner

mstriker said:
Our deck goes under the top rail. After the first pool party we had the top rail started to get bent. People were stepping on the top rail. I ended up building a platform around the rail with a 2 X 12 on top that extends past the top rail. If I had to do the deck over I would rather have the whole deck go over the top rail with some provision that would allow you to get to the top rail if you have to change out the liner

PICS mStriker pics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.