Main pump sprung a leak

Jul 5, 2013
First, the advice on this site has saved me hundreds of dollars. Thank you to all you experts. I am not one of you, but you've gotten my chems in balance and even better, you get me to UNDERSTAND why things happen.

Today, I realized my main pump Jandy 2 hp Stealth was squirting high pressure water out the side of the junction between the motor and the pump body. The exploded view diagram makes it look like it's the gasket between the plate on which the motor is mounted and the pump. Is it really that simple? Or are there seals or o-rings internally that also need replacing?

I'm trying to decide whether to call my pool guy or do it myself. I'm very handy (replaced salt system and did salt cell plumbing, replaced o-rings, replaced DE filters, etc.), and if it's just replacing a gasket, I'm probably fine. But if it's more internal stuff that should be replaced, I may opt to hire someone. Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.