Lots of Extra FC.

Well that is good to know. Unfortunately I didn’t see that set of instructions; I just followed the pool slamming instructions. Well I will get some more reagent to test my CYA again before I try again next weekend. Unfortunately I don’t live in the house where my pool is, yet, so I have to run by there in the mornings to check the levels so unless I have a three day weekend, it’s hard for me to spend three days slamming the pool. I know, not useful information but that is why I will be waiting until the weekend and not hitting it now. However, my pool looked beautiful during the slamming process so I know what it can and will look like when I’m done.

Thanks for pointing out my bone headedness.

linen said:
I think we are leaning toward this not being MA from what you shared so far. I would see if you can vacuum it up. If the filter is not catching it, try a sock on the return.

The filter does catch it if I brush the pool and push it toward the drain. Otherwise it just sits on the bottom of the pool and occasionally on the side of the pool. I am pretty sure it is MA. The guy that owned the house before me said when the temperatures reach 100 it would appear in the pool. Leads me to believe it was never taken care of in the first place. He, or his pool guy, just shocked the pool and it would go away for a while and then come back. This summer, on the second day of 100 degree temps the pool turned yellow, I put Yellow Out in the pool and shocked with the pool store stuff only to have it return a week or so later. Due to other issues, remodeling the inside of the house, I have not had a chance to really take care of the pool. I had guys laying tile over the weekend and thought that would be a good oppurtunity to slam the pool. Had I done it correctly I'm sure it would be crystal clear right now. I will hit it again soon.

Thoughts?

It does sound like MA and not pollen since pollen won't stick to the sides. As jbliz said, follow the normal SLAM process until you pass all three criteria, then raise it up to the MA level and follow the instructions in the MA pool school article.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.