Sand filter lateral position

Aug 31, 2013
I have a Triton TR60 which has 8 laterals. They are slotted on one side and not the other. I've read where when I install them, the slots should be facing down - and most do. however I have a couple that don't tighten in that position. Is it really important and if so, how can I get them to finish in that position?
thanks for any input

I went ahead and installed the new laterals into a new hub and would have used the new lower stand that I bought except that the bleeder nipple was a different size than the old one so the cap wouldn't fit - frustrating. Nothing wrong with the old pipe so I used it. Put my 300 lbs of sand in - back washed - rinsed and when I flipped the switch - sand pouring out if the filter back to the pool.
Took an hour off to watch some football and cool down. Removed all the sand AGAIN and found one if the new laterals I installed blew a cap off the end. So that's where all the sand was coming from. Used one if my old good laterals, put it all back and voila - success.
There was nothing obstructing the threads and 3 of them ended up with slots facing up. Doesn't seem to be causing a problem.
Thanks for your feedback and allowing me to rant. It was very frustrating to have to do it twice in the same day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.