New pool owner in Apex, NC

Sep 6, 2013
Apex, NC
Hello everyone. We have been the proud owners of a house with a pool for 11 days now, and today was the first day I didn't get a chance to get wet. The pool is in great shape, as we had a very good inspection done by a local company, and I have been doing a lot of reading in the Pool School section of the forums to prepare to maintain it. I picked up a TF-100 test kit in person, since the sellers are practically neighbors and I would like to thank them, and all of you here in the forum for such a wealth of information. I feel like I've gone from zero knowledge to fairly competent in no time at all. I'm confident that I will spend way more time enjoying my pool than worrying over managing it.

Some details of the pool: 16' x 36' in ground vinyl, 3' to 6' depth, AquaRite T Cell 15 SWG, Hayward SP 1HP main pump, PB4 60 booster pump driving a Polaris 380 cleaner, Hayward S 244 T sand filter, and a Hayward Heat Pro HP21002 heat pump.

I just wanted to say hi for now. I look forward to the day when I can be one of the experienced folks providing answers to questions and problems on the forum, but I'll be the one asking for quite a while. :lol:

Edit: BTW, I'm Mike. :)

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

You can add your pool information to your signature so it will appear on all your posts so you do not have to manually enter it each time. Here's how to do it: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

USS America said:
I feel like I've gone from zero knowledge to fairly competent in no time at all. I'm confident that I will spend way more time enjoying my pool than worrying over managing it.
:goodjob: You are way ahead of the curve by already having your TF-100 and by reading the Pool School articles.