Filter problem

FrankM

Gold Supporter
May 12, 2010
New Jersey
Hello all, I don't know if this a first for this forum but it is for me. After I just completed changing a defective seal in my pump and was preparing to reinstall it, I found a small pinhole leak in my filter. I panicked of course and called my local pool store. They suggested a epoxy patch but warned it probably wouldn't last. I applied the patch yesterday afternoon and let it dry overnight. I was all set to reattach the pump and refill the filter today but the weather did not want to cooperate. So, while I'm waiting for the storm to pass I figured I'd post this and send some pics.

Attachments

• Filter 1.JPG
    Filter 1.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Filter2.JPG
    Filter2.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 30
Generally patching a pressure vessel is not a good idea. And if you were going to try, it should likely be done on the inside.

It looks pretty new, any chance it is still under warranty?

It's 10 years old, I doubt that it's still under warranty but I'll check. As for patching from the inside, the hole is near the bottom. I don't think I could reach down that far through the opening in the top.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.