Polaris 380 climbing too high

tbenton

Jun 3, 2010
Just had to replace our Polaris 380 cleaner and got a really good used one. All seems well except it climbs much higher than the other one and gets stuck on the love seat edge and at the top of the tile just under the coping. RPMs were low so I removed the blue restrictor plate thinking it needed more 'umph' to move off but it does not really move that much faster. We have plenty of water pressure. . The thrust jet is set at 11. I have had these cleaners for 27 yrs and this is stumping me. We did not replace the feed hose because it was cut perfectly for the pool and it has no leaks so why mess with it. Back up valve works fine but just having it stuck like that for a couple of minutes means it sprays and sprays. It never needed a tail weight before so don't want to do that. It also gets stuck on its own hose on the bottom and can't roll over it.
Thanks for any ideas
Terri

tbenton said:
...having it stuck like that for a couple of minutes means it sprays and sprays.
I have a Polaris 360 and ours occasionally gets stuck on the love seat edge. Not a common occurrence, but when it happens, it rights itself within a minute or two.

As for the hose, my Polaris documentation states that the hose should be just long enough so that the cleaner is able to rest on the coping at the farthest edge of the pool from the connector.

tbenton said:
It also gets stuck on its own hose on the bottom and can't roll over it.
Now this is something that has not happened to mine. Maybe some one else will chime in on this.

Thanks BoDarville,

Seems when one wheel gets to the top of the coping or the edge of the love seat it just sits there just like it does when it gets on top the feeder hose. I try to ignore it since I know the back up valve will take care of it but its on my mind so I keep peeking...! Our how was 'fitted' to the pool when it was built in 1987 and we have had two other Polaris before this one and it never climbed this high. I know that you can move the thrust to make it climb more but nothing tells me that I can adjust to climb less. I don't want to change its direction by messing too much with the thrust. I moved it every so slightly to the left from 11 oclock position but still nothing changed. Couple of weeks from now we will close pool for the winter I guess I will start worrying over it next spring.

Terri

16X35 30,000 GAL PLASTER INGROUND DE FILTER

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.