New Pool - NJ

Aug 2, 2012
I have been reading this forum for a while, and have my choice narrowed down to Pool Builders. Looking to do an Inground Vinyl Pool.

Let me know your thoughts, plus and minus or each, things to consider, delete, add:
PB1
18" x 35" Cement Wall Pool
Permit Prep
Non-Corrosive Jandy Cartridge or DE Filter System (Which is better?)
Non-Corrosive Jandy 2Hp Pump
Automatic Chlorination System
Extended Depth Shallow End
Two Automatic Surface Skimmers
Dual Bottom Drains
2" Rigid Plumbing
Smart Bottom Pool Floor
Heavy Duty Custom Fit Liner
Vinyl Covered Entry Step
Wall Foam
(2) 500W Underwater Light
Automatic Time Clock
3' Natural Cement Decking
Cantilever Coping
Maint. Equipm Package
Chemical Start Kit Package
Classic Mesh Cover
Paramount Cleaning System
12-15 Returns
100 Year Warranty on Pool Structure
3 Year on Filtration and Pump
25 Year on Liner, 5 Year Full, Lifetime on Paramount Cleaning

PB 2
17' x 33'
Upgrade to IBEX Pool Upgrade
Hayward 350 lb Sand Filter
Hayward 2.0 HP Pump
2 Skimmers
Permit Prep
Inline Mineralizer
2" Plumbing
4 Circulating Returns
4 Stream Jetted Returns
27 Mil Heavy Duty Custom Fit Liner
Resort Steps
(1) 500W Underwater Light
Automatic Pool Timer
3' Achitectural Stamped Concrete Upgrade
Extra 10' x 8' Patio
Cantilever Coping
Maint. Equipm Package
Water Bag Cover
Octal Circulation System
6 Ft Waterfall
8' Sundeck
Gas Heater
Pool Robot
50 Year Warranty on Pool Structure
20 Year on Liner, 5 Year Full

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Here's my $0.02...

Executive Summary: Try to keep things as simple as possible. You always want to have one eye focused on ongoing maintenance and minimizing future repairs. Also, make sure that the only plumbing that is run under the pool is the main drain plumbing - this should be the only plumbing that needs to be under the pool. I would stipulate this in the contract as some builders use the "direct plumbing" method which means they have the option to run any plumbing under the pool if that is the most direct path.

Jetski700 said:
Non-Corrosive Jandy Cartridge or DE Filter System (Which is better?)
Of the two, I would choose the DE. Actually, my preference would be Sand...least amount of maintenance. Maintaining proper FC levels has as much to do with water clarity as the filter. Plus, with sand, you have the option of adding a little DE if extra-fine filtering is needed. I have a sand filter and receive comments that my water is the cleanest they have ever seen.

Jetski700 said:
Non-Corrosive Jandy 2Hp Pump
As long as it is a 2-speed or VS, you're good. With 2-speeds offering significant energy savings and since they cost little more than single-speeds, there's really no reason to go with a single-speed IMHO.

Jetski700 said:
Paramount Cleaning System
If this is an in-floor cleaning system, I would definitely leave this off the options list. Potential maintenance headaches (one example: In-Floor Cleaning System Repair). Plus, it is that much more plumbing under the pool. The only plumbing that needs to be under the pool is the main drain plumbing. I would go with a pressure-side cleaner or robot.

Jetski700 said:
Would be curious to know the specifics on this.

Jetski700 said:
12-15 Returns
Seems like a lot...would double-check this with PB

Jetski700 said:
Inline Mineralizer
Would leave this off the list.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.