New SWG- FC still high. Cut down on run time or %?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
My new pool pilot nano+ is running great. Before I left for vacation, I SLAMmed the pool and left 3 pucks in a floater. When I got back, FC was around 14. I got all the numbers in check and added the nano+. Right now it's running 8 hours a day and has been on for nearly two weeks. The FC had not been coming down, so I went from 50% to 35% on the nano. Now after a few more days I'm still seeing FC of 9.5. Pool looks awesome. I'm thinking about cutting the run time back to 6 hours a day before I drop the % anymore and see what happens. Any thoughts?

Last full test was on 7/28 and I had:
FC 11.5
CC 0
TA 90
Cal 300
CYA 45
Salt 3000

It gets partial sun through the day. Look at my avatar pic- the pool is heavily shaded in the morning and late afternoon due to lots of tall trees around. I forgot, I did put a sock of CYA in since that test and it's up around 70 right now. I'll turn off the pilot and let it settle down. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.