Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My test results, what should I do?

1. Back To Top    #1

My test results, what should I do?

Here are my numbers:

FC 4.5
    TC 4.5
    Ph 7.8
    TA 100
    CYA - above 45, less than 50

I know I need to bring my Ph down, but do I need to bring my FC down and raise my CYA?
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My test results, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by triplets&quads
    Here are my numbers:

FC 4.5
    TC 4.5
    Ph 7.8
    TA 100
    CYA - above 45, less than 50

I know I need to bring my Ph down, but do I need to bring my FC down and raise my CYA?
    numbers look good. FC is fine. Just need to get your CYa up to about 80 for the SWG. May want to check the manufacturers recommendation but usually 80 is where you need to be for a swg.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3

I am right about lowering my Ph?

duraleigh, if you read this, I got my order today! I just ordered it, and it is already here, smokin'!!! Thank you!
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by triplets&quads
    I am right about lowering my Ph?

duraleigh, if you read this, I got my order today! I just ordered it, and it is already here, smokin'!!! Thank you!
    7.2 to 7.8 is the range you want to be in. Generally it trends upward with a swg. It wouldn't hurt to bring it down to 7.4 - or 7.2 since it's probably going to climb up anyway.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent