Have lagoon, seeking Creature

:wave: Good luck Grace! I've just finished "SLAMing" my pool myself... it wasn't so bad.

Most of the moderators (and some others) have helpful links in their signatures to help you. The folks here will walk you thru the whole process.

I assume you haven't done a partial drain/refill yet? If not, I bet your glad did not trust the pool store value of 120 for the cya level which would have required a greater than 50% drain/refill to lower.

At a cya of 70 ppm, you are right on the edge of needing the drain/refill. For 70 ppm cya your SLAM value is 20 ppm FC (per poolcalculator.com). Keep it at that level as much as possible.

Or more aggressively, Pool School lists the shock level at 28ppm, which are are almost at now. Pick a number between 20 and 28 and try to keep the FC up there as diligently as possible.

GraceLS said:
Thanks! BTW what is Easytouch 8 computer?

It's basically a control panel that you program to operate your pool. (pump, lights, heater for spa.. stuff like that.)

It just makes it a little more "worry-free."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I haven't done that (iPad) yet.. maybe someday. :cool:

Hope your pool gets better soon..! These fellas will walk you straight thru.

Have you used the poolcalculator yet?

I was going to give you some numbers to make sure you got the same answer to raise the FC from 11 to shock level of 24ppm, but your pool volume is not in your signature. :whip:

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

OK, so what do you get for the amount of bleach intially required?

I get 196 oz of 8.25% bleach to raise from 11 to 24ppm. After that you will need to test and change the NOW number to whatever the new FC reading is.

Be sure to adjust the pH to around 7.3 before starting, but the FC must be < 10ppm for the pH test to be valid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.