G

Hi there!

Our current test results are:

FC 2.5
pH 7.2
TA 80
CH 50
CYA 70

How long should I let the swg run to keep our FC at 4-5? We are running it for 7 hours a day right now and it's just not keeping up. I was hoping 7 would be enough because the next setting on our sand pump jumps from 8 hours run time to 12 and I really didn't want it to have to run that long every day. The manual says 6 hours should be enough, but obviously it's not. Please help.

All I can tell you is that I was told 1hr run time for every 10 degrees of ambient temperature. I have a consistent 4 to 5 with cya at 70. Here in beautiful downtown Phoenix, it is about 103-108 so I run mine for 11hrs when it is that hot. Check your manual on the SWG, it might tell you the GPM it requires, which is a factor also. Have the blades in the SWG been cleaned lately?

Don't forget, when you have a new SWG, you should supplement the FC with bleach until you get the SWG dialed in.

So, if the SWG only makes enough CL for 6FC and your target is 8FC, add 2 FC worth of bleach. You may need to do this every day for a while and on hot or heavy-use days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.