uloset

Jul 11, 2013
Central New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I know the test is not accurate during high FC levels. However, my FC shortly slipped below 10 and I took the opportunity to test the pH and received a low reading of 6.8. I added some washing Soda to raise it back to a level of 7.2, though I couldn't be completely be accurate with my calculations as a reading of 6.8 can obviously be much lower. Any who the pool is back to shock level FC (around 19 at time of test) and I figured I do another pH test and now received a reading of 7.2. To my knowledge the pH should be reading much higher during with high FC levels. Should I attempted to raise the pH more now or wait until the SLAMing processes is over.

I've been SLAMing the pool for around 6 days now and the water still has a slight green hue to its other wise milky look. Though admittedly the water was pretty much black when the process was started and I haven't used my filter was much as possible as the water is do contaminated it just raises the pressure in 1/2 an hour or so.

reading much higher
Not much higher, just some. I would leave it alone.

Far more important is to keep that filter running and keep it clean. The more you clean it, the longer in between you can go. Your filter is trying to help you by getting the solids out of your pool water......that's what will get it crystal clear. You have to help the filter by cleaning each time you get a 25% or increase in psi.

duraleigh said:
reading much higher
Not much higher, just some. I would leave it alone.

Far more important is to keep that filter running and keep it clean. The more you clean it, the longer in between you can go. Your filter is trying to help you by getting the solids out of your pool water......that's what will get it crystal clear. You have to help the filter by cleaning each time you get a 25% or increase in psi.

Yea its just a pain to do and expensive, going through tons of DE. I might just have to go the floc route as it may well save a lot of money and time compared to relying total on the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.