chlorine level after AA treatment

Jul 17, 2013
15000 gal. pool treated 8days ago with 2lbs AA, Stain cleared well but cant get chlorine level to hold. I treat with chlorine at 6am, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and more often if home. Would have thought the AA would be neutralized by now. Im I being too impatient? How long should I expect this to take?

chlorine is finally starting to hold but the stain appears to be coming back. Mostly on steps and plastic fittings. Checked ph and it was up to nearly 7.4 so dropped it back down to 7.1 and added more metal free. Beginning to wonder if Im going to battle this all summer.

Metal Free is not one of the recommended sequestrants. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are far more effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.