Pool dig help

Jun 27, 2013
I had the idea of burying my above ground pool so that it would be flush with my existing deck. I though I would need to dig 28" down on the existing deck side and a little more on the opposite side because its an incline. That hill was deceiving and we ended up taking 5 to 6 feet out. I've realized I never should have done this and just intalled the pool on top of the existing ground and cut into the hill as needed. My question is, what happens if I backfill the hole and build? The bury project is a bigger headache then expected and is costing me more money.
Thanks

When you backfill the hole you need to place the material in lifts and compact it so that the pool won't settle differentially. If you are using a plate compactor you should probably limit the lift thickness to about 8 inches because they don't have very much compaction energy. You only need to worry about the material under the pool bottom. Try to make the compacted zone bigger as it goes down in depth, like if it's 4 ft. thick then make it extend out 4 ft. from the pool sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.