New pool project coming, need some advice first please.

BQ

Jul 15, 2013
Everyone,
I'd like to thank you for the contributions and posts about your builds. They have been very helpful sorting through many of the primary decisions that need to be made. It has also created some indecision on my part on a couple important items and would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

We are pretty set on a roman end pool with a 9' or 10' depth with an 8' diving board
#1 20 x 40 or 18 x 44?

Surfaces
#2 Gunite with Pebbletec or Pebble Sheen or Liner?
I've read both price and general abrasive ness as downfalls of the Gunite and Pebbletec.
I've read liners can be ripped, but typically cost plus a replacement or two are about equal to Gunite and pebbletec

Deck surfaces
We like not slippery and not too hot to walk on. The rest is cost and appearance. Thoughts?

Anyone's input with experience on any of the above would be greatly appreciated, so please help me.
Thanks,
BQ

If your considering a diving board, I would say the longer the better, and deeper the better, in my experience the common likely impact point for people while diving is mis-estimating the location of the slope going to the shallow end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.