Louisville, KY

Jul 12, 2013
Louisville, KY
Greetings from HOT, sunny Louisville. New to the forum but have had 2 AG pools in the past.

We have recently moved into our new home and will start construction of IG pool next week. This will be a 16 x 32 gunite unit that will be quite different from most. The pool will be built about 20 inches above the limestone patio on a sloping area adjacent to the house so that the outside wall of the pool will be the 4 foot "fence" for protection.
We had a 28' round AG at the former home and it was saltwater. We loved the soft water and will incorporate that feature in the new one.
The house overlooks a golf course and offers a spectacular view of their lake, so we didn't want to have to look through a fence.
We started designing the house in 2010, broke ground in July of 2011 and moved in here in April. I'll post some pics soon. It's a timberframe home with lots of rock, wood, and iron features. All patios and stairs are limestone with a large breezeway between the house and the garage. (soon to be screened in)
We kept a blog/journal while we were building if you want to see some construction photos.
http://www.buildingourtimberframe.com/sullivan/

I'll try to keep this updated as we go through the pool and deck construction phase.
sean

Attachments

• houseback.jpg
    houseback.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 41
It looks gorgeous from the outside picture!!

Took a quick peek at your blog too... Such a nice quiet view of the lake. I agree you wouldn't want to block that... but so nice to have a pool too.

Looking forward to seeing how the backyard turns out with that pool. Beautiful as is!

... I'm just a little jealous. :)