Id love to get this pool open before fall!!! Help please.

Re: Id love to get this pool open before fall!!! Help please

techguy said:
Dumb question, do you have any leaves or other debris on the floor of the pool? If you do, vacuum them out ASAP.

I don't think so.... I am not getting anything when I run the net across the bottom. I have vacuumed to waste to the best of my ability w/o being able to see the bottom. I have also brushed the surface a few times. Brushing does always kick up some stuff into the water, but nothing large. If I vacuum without sending it to waste, within a couple of minutes I have green stuff coming out of my returns.

UnderWaterVanya said:
If CYA is 20, 24 ppm FC is too high and could hurt the equipment over time. Your shock level is 10, try to stay around that maybe targeting 12-13 at the most to give more time before topping it back up. Even at 40, the 24 target was a bit high - were you looking at the mustard algae levels on poolcalculator.com? Those aren't recommended until the last 24 hours of the process.

- Sent using Tapatalk

I was looking at the "do not exceed these levels" number.

moneytastesbad said:
If I vacuum without sending it to waste, within a couple of minutes I have green stuff coming out of my returns.

If you vacuumed to waster that green, you would not need to wait until the filter filtered it out.

I know it will cost you water but you need to determine if the time/electricity/bleach/... is worth the cost of the new water to get rid of that green that needs to be converted to white (dissolved?) by bleach and then removed by your filter.

In the past for my pool, the cost of the water was lower than the other costs and vacuumed large amounts of green water to water. I looked on my water bill for the cost per gallon (1 ccf = 700 gallons), you may have a sewer charge also. Mine is a flat rate. You can usually call and let the sewer people know you did a pool fill and they may not charge for the sewage you did not create.

I have well water, and not a very high producing well at that.

But I have been doing some vacuuming to waste. The good thing about the rain is it is filling the pool allowing me to do this.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I really appreciate it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.