CYA low due to rain

jewing

May 5, 2013
I have had to drain my pool due to all the rain. My cya us down to 40. Would I be able to use some pucks in my skimmer to get it back up or do I need to buy the stabilizer and put in a sock?

how far off should I let it go before I add? less than 20? So in other words if it stays at 40 or above just leave alone until fall? When should I try to get it back up to 70? It has been at 50 since I opened it but I haven't had any problems with holding chlorine.

With all the rain ~ every single day for weeks now ~ mine fell. I kept an eye on it because the weather had been predicting this funky phase for a considerable amount of time ~ into the second week of it, I figured this time they just might know what they are talking about. I checked it weekly, realizing I was adding more Clorox than I needed to if it was raised, but I let the view tube decide when I would re~dose. Ran the test a couple times yesterday and dot was visible throughout so I added the stabilizer. If I hit between 35 and 50 for me that will be fine. I don't have an SWG so I just want to fall somewhere in the middle where it isn't being burnt off by the sun at a rapid pace and if something mean and green rears it's head I don't need truckloads of juice to go to battle.

If you have been doing well at 50 leave it there. I noticed for me less than 30 and I was going through the Clorox at a pretty rapid pace. I am full sun all day & with this weather pattern it has rained every day but the sun has been out all day as well. If you test frequently I am sure you will notice, like I did, that it requires more frequent additions to stay at the level you have chosen as "comfort zone"

So my tights are a dangling in front of the return and I will be just fine with anything from 35-50. I will test next week, see where it worked out to be and then maintain my chlorine based on the relationship chart. From there I will test the CYA weekly / bi-weekly depending on how rain and splashout we have. I am hoping for 40, as I think I was right in the 20 zone, but I am not entirely certain because there has been so dang much rain ~ my poor garden plants are yellow and saturated. But, the plus side is I couldn't have possibly picked a better time to seed an area. The grass popped up in record time ~ never expected that to happen :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.