Pentair Minimax NT does not work in remote mode

socalsharky

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2009
I have a Pentair Minimax NT Tsi with the Digital Display Temperature Controller (DDTC). My whole system in controlled by the Pentair Intellitouch.

Recently, the Intellitouch system is not able to fire the heater. I turn on the spa with the Intellitouch and the pump starts, the valves go to their proper configuration, but no heat. Heat mode is set, the spa temp is set to 96 degrees, and the Intellitouch display panel shows the flame icon, indicating that it thinks the heater is on. The same thing happens when I try to fire the heater from the outside service panel.

I can make the heater fire by pressing the spa button on the heater panel, but then it keeps running, even after the temp that I set on the Intellitouch is reached.

The other odd thing is that when I press the remote mode button on the heater, the LED next to it turns green, but a yellow LED also lights next to the "off" button on the heater panel.

I suspect a board failure, but am hoping it is something more simple. Any ideas?

Problem Solved--one of the heater control wires inside the Intellitouch panel had worked its way loose. Reconnected it and all is good.

My display is almost completely non functional; almost all of the LED segments do not light, so I can get no information from that at all. It may have said "off", but not sure. It's the third display I've had.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.