Low CYA in INTEX pool

TCJ4

Jan 19, 2013
Aruba
I added 1 lb of CYA using the sock method.everything has desolved since monday but i can't get a reading of the CYA.

Before i put the CYA in the sock i read on the bucket to add 30 ppm of CYA in a 4440 gallons add 1lb so i did that but now when i put in 1lb of CYA in the pool calculator it says that will only bring my CYA to 12 ppm.

So should i add more CYA or just leave it alone for a week and check it then?

FC:2.5
Ph:7.4
TA:90
CH:40
CYA :12 according to the pool calculator/also just tested it well below 30 ppm

Trust poolcalculator. If you think you added half of what you need, and after 5 days you still see almost nothing, I'd venture to say you need to add another pound. Then you can see if that puts you around 25 and adjust from there.

So after a few days of last checking the CYA tomorrow i'm gonna check it.but according to the pool calculator i have added 1lb of CYA so that will give me 27 ppm and also added 2x3" trichlor tablet so in total i should have a CYA of 42ppm.

Extra: i have a leak so today i had to add like 2" of water just to get the water to mid skimmer level,so if tomorrow the CYA level is at 42 i should just leave it right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today checked TA,PH,FC

TA:70
PH:7.4
FC:1.0
CYA:30
Just wondering if i should put in another 3" tablet to raise the FC and CYA or just start adding bleach tomorrow and let the CYA at 30?

(Gonna start looking around for some more concentrated bleach)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.