Pentair intelliflo, Intellichlor and Intermatic PE653RC

FOpool

Jul 4, 2013
I have been using the Intermatic to control an older single speed Hayward pump and Intellichlor IC40. Currently the pump and IC40 are wired to terminal 3 of the PE653RC to make sure both run at the same time. Now my problem is how to rewire. Intermatic can control a multispeed pump using data cable and terminals but it appears to need all 5 controls (buttons) to do this. Each button is assigned a specific speed. The speeds are set in a sub-menu. Does this inactive the terminals? Are they still available for other uses? Diagram shows only pump hooked up but manual gives no info on status of terminals. Intermatic wiring diagram shows two breakers, one each for pump and PE653RC when configured this way while only one is needed in other setups. I emailed Intermatic support but no reply so far. My other concern is how to wire so the IC40 only runs when the pump is running. Can I connect to one of the terminals and have it run only at a specific speed? IC40 diagrams show both pump and IC40 wired to data terminals when using their products. Same with Intermatic? Also states power should come from pump relay as it has in the past. Can anyone clarify this for me? I can put the IC40 on its own timer if needed.

I think the terminals still work, you just have to setup the submenus in the remote. Take a gander at the remote manual instead of the head unit manual. I think there is a detailed explanation of how to setup scenes and terminals from there. Note that I wouldn't trust that all oft the terminals are available or will behave the way you expect them to ... or the way they are documented to...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.