Solar Pool Covers

nauj

Jul 1, 2013
Looking for advise with my next solar cover purchase. I have owned two in the last 5 years. I have a 35000 gal salt water pool in southern AZ. What I really need help with is trying to figure out exactly what the 3,4,5-10 year warranties actually cover and what "standards" do i need to uphold in order for the warranty to be acknowledged. Any advise?

My solar covers usually last a couple years whether they are the super duper or the not so super duper. Reading the fine print on the warranties--basically you have to keep them out of the sun! Mine have arrived with a too short white plastic "tarp" to cover it when it's rolled up. I never used it. I would think that the thicker blankets DO prevent heat loss better but you have to decide if it's worth the extra bucks for 2 years of service.

There´s an Australian company, Daisy Pool Covers, who export cheap solar pool covers. An agent for them started selling them here in Spain a few years ago saying that they´d last for many years. I thought they looked flimsy so decided not to try them.

However, they are becoming very common here now as they are still showing no signs of deterioration! The rollers look cheap but work fine (don´t sag in the middle like some).

Not sure if you can get them in USA but it may be worth a google.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.