Intex SWG no lcd

Jul 1, 2013
I picked up a cheap used pool and it came with intex Swg with built in filter. 2000 gph I'm pretty sure. I turned on pump and its pumping and filtering but the screen/LCD is blank. After running for an hour or so I noticed working light was on which should mean swg is working but I have no idea what amount of time it's set for. Been trying to watch for light to come on again but haven't seen it on again. Should it come on about same time every day? Thanks.

I have a stand alone intex swg and it does have a timer that you set using the lcd but no change in percentage. I think the highest you can set mine for is 12, so without seeing the lcd you might be able to get into the set mode then go down 12 hours to be sure you are at 0, then go up the number of hours you want to set it for. Then you could confirm that you have it right with a clock when it runs the first time. Other than that, you may have to take it apart to see if it is a bad connection or if it is the lcd. If it is the lcd, then I would guess you may have trouble getting a replacement since the only electrical replacement items that I know intex sells is external to the control and power units.

Strange but when I got home last night the sleep led was on and the low salt led was on. I turned pump off and back on and LCD is now working. Previous owner had it set for 9 hours to run. Looks like it is probably a bad connection. I added 20 more pounds of salt to the pool and after it disolved I turned the pump back on and it ran for about one hour then started going off for low salt again. My pool is a intex 18x52. When I filled the pool I put in 160lbs of salt so now I'm up to 180lbs of salt. Book calls for 175lbs of salt. Guy at our local pool store says pool is 10,000 gallons and should have put 240lbs of salt in it that the book is wrong. I didn't because my book says its more like 7000 gallons. I'm afraid to keep adding salt and get too much in there. I bought a salt test kit from leslies pool supply and it says I have too much salt already. I'm confused to say the least.

Intex says 6981 gallons for your pool and that should be close. For sure it is not much more. So 180 lbs so get you to 3100 ppm salt which should be fine for the swg.

What do the titanium plates look? Are they clean? If not that is likely why they are reading low salt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.