Intex 1,600 gph sand filter motor bearings

Jul 6, 2010
laconia, NH
Ok a week or 2 ago my pump motor got loud and then died. I have a 1,500gph cartridge filter to use as a backup but its a lot weaker than the 1,600 pump so yesterday I tore the 1,600 pump apart and my first thought was bent shaft, but then I noticed the shaft was fine. So I used some carb and choke cleaner and cleaned the motor up. It works fine for now but I need to replace the bearings.

I could tear it down and measure them but I'm hoping someone on here can give me the correct bearing size? I'm sure I can safely replace them.

I wonder if the 1,500 bearings would work? I plan on selling the 1,500 so I don't want to tear it apart for nothing.

Bama Rambler said:
I don't remember anyone tearing one apart and reporting what the bearing size is. If you find out, it would be nice to post it for someone in the future.

Well I tore the 1,500 GPH pump apart and it doesnt have bearings. So that answers my question on if I could just swap over the bearing.

I think my 1,600 sand filter pump over heated so Im going to tear it down and see if I can get some new bearings in it. I will try to make a tutorial with pics s I cant find anything on the subject of replacing intex bearings. I would think its possible from what I seen well I had it apart last night.

I can tell that they use cheap bearings and from googling my issue it looks like many of these pumps have been replaced when the bearings go. I would rather save a few bucks and just replace the bearings with quality bearings.

Well pulled it apart and sure enough the front bearing is shot.

I got a bunch of pics for a tutorial.

The bearing is marked C&U 608Z seems like I should be able to find them hopefully I have something in my junk pile I can salvage 1 from to get it running until I can order a new set.

EDIT: The bearing is found in most rollerblades and skates. Luckily my son had an old pair of heelys that I was able to use the bearings from.

Tutorial with pics coming at some point this week.

These bearings can be had for 2 bucks way cheaper then buying a whole new setup...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.