help with hayward power flo lx 1580z2 pump

Jun 28, 2013
My hayward power flo lx 1580z2 pump runs at a garage outlet but not at outlet @ pool 150 ft away there is 112v to motor...I read hayward manual pump should be ok at 90% rated volts which would be 103v can anyone please help...doesn't even hum 112v black to white wire at back of pump

Welcome to TFP.

Have you tested the voltage when the pump is turned on at the pool outlet? There are some problems that can read full voltage when the pump is off (or close enough), but the voltage drops way down when the motor is turned on.

Another question, did it ever work? If not, can you get the person who installed the outlet to look into what they did wrong?

Thank you for your reply jl. The outlet is 125 feet from the house. I did a voltage drop calc. On an electrician page online. The drop is normal. The voltage doesn't change when pump is plugged in. I think I am going to have to try a boost transformer. My shop vac ran really slow at that outlet also. Good site, father in law gave us an 18' agp he tore down. Needed liner. Pool is up and filled. Took two weeks of research and work but it looks great. Neighbor with bobcat helped us move a lot of dirt and took the topsoil in trade. Thanks for the site

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.