Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Godiva

1. Back To Top    #1

Godiva

Hi all! We moved into a new home in February...one that has a beautiful inground vinyl pool. Having never owned a "real" pool before (we've had an EasySet pool for the past 2 summers), this has been quite a learning experience. We had it opened about a week and a half ago, and have already been able to swim in it. The kids are loving it!

ETA: pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~30K IG vinyl w/Hayward DE filter; inline chlorinator; Hayward gas heater; Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome (again) to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome Godiva! Open and swimming already! Good job, learning experience to be sure! Where's the chocolate?!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4
    That's great. Welcome to TFP and pool ownership.

Dont' forget to post some pictures.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi! Welcome to the group.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Where's the chocolate?!
    Ha! I just gave my oldest son my stash of Dove dark chocolate miniatures to hide from me...I was going through them a bit too fast. I told him he's allowed to give me 5 pieces a day. (He only likes milk chocolate, so I figured they're safe with him!)
    ~30K IG vinyl w/Hayward DE filter; inline chlorinator; Hayward gas heater; Polaris 280

7. Back To Top    #7
    Godiva,
    I was reading in my post that your husband is the church drummer and you and your kids are musicians as well. That's fantastic! I wish my family was interested in playing instruments, but they would rather just play.

I understand what your husband is going through at church with the acoustic drums. I used to travel alot with a southern gospel group that I ran sound for and visited many churches, most with horrible cheap drums. No one cares....as long as you don't play them too loud!!!!

My personal acoustic set (DW's) lives at my church and doesn't get played too much because I work every other weekend and we have a hard time keeping a piano player for some reason. Most of our music is prerecorded. It's a bummer because we have some very talented singers and other musicians but no piano. We will keep praying!!

Your husband has a very nice electronic setup. That TD-8 is an awesome module.

Oh!! and you have a beautiful family and pool too!!

JD
    14,000 gal AG pool with funky dolphin print liner, 200lb poolco sand filter, and 3/4 hp pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Ooooh, you added pics! Your pool and landscape is beautiful! What a gorgeous family.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to the forum and very nice pool. Great looking family would love to be down the beach from where the pic was taken.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits