Two problems I have

Gplev

Jun 23, 2013
1) I bought my house with the pool and chlorine tablets were already here and I don't know how old they are. The problem is that I have put many tablets in and tested the water but still not getting into the levels that are needed for safety. Is there a chance that the tablets are so old that they are basically useless and it really doing anything?

2) with the pool just being opened for the summer. I notice that there are patches of dirt on the floor. When vacuuming the patches come up and then circulate into the water . I have vacuumed it a couple of times but once I stop vacuuming the dirt seems to settle again.

Any suggestions on the above two problems?

Sounds like you are in the midst of an algae bloom and you need to manually dose with liquid chlorine. How much? I don't know because you have not posted what your test results are. Tell us what your water looks like.

Please read Pool School and invest in a reliable test kit as strips and pool store testing can be awfully conflicting. You can find the link to the TF-100 in my signature. :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP!

Yep, to answer your questions we will need valid (not pool store or strip) test results. Sounds like you will need to follow the shock process, which is linked to in my signature. Since your pool is constantly chlorinated using trichlor tabs, I bet your CYA is sky high, and you will require a partial drain and refill to lower it before you can easily follow the shock process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.