Jun 23, 2013
Hi I'm Bear Mikie from Sunny CA. The land of the tax rebels soon. Born in St Louie and moved to CA when I was 6 months old. The only problem is I had to bring my parents with me.

Seriously I have had my pool for a little over 10 years now and have been very lazy in it's care. Most of my attention went to my wife, heart transplant at Stanford Hospital 10-13-04. She died 3-4-12 and I promised her the water would be crystal clear for her return.

I am here to learn. No I'm not one of those blond suffer boy, but at times it's hard for things to beat it's way thru my thick German skin.

I am here not only to learn, but hopefully meet nice people and make new friends.

Bear Mikie

Welcome to TFP Bear Mikie!

My deepest sympaties and condolences on the loss of your wife.

You should check out Pool School and the ABC's of water chemistry. Pool School is loaded with a lot of great info from shocking your pool to cleaning your filters. Also, the TF-100 is tha BOMB when it comes to test kits. You won't find another test kit that comes close unless you get a Taylor2006. The TF-100 gets you more regants though! :mrgreen:

It's nice to meet ya. Hope you find what you're looking for here! Maybe even post a few pics of your pool. :cheers: