new intex 2650 sandfilter installed .... pool cloudy

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
well dang it.... had crystal clear pool, today installed sand filter pump. now, as i am new to a sandfilter, and i was trying to decode intex's lousy instructions, i accidently forgot to backwash first. so, as i fired up pump and looked in to pool, i see a tan sandy colored stream of water coming out of the return.... :rant:

after some fast cussing, i killed the pump after it spewed sandy junk in my pool for about 10 seconds, reread the instructions and found out i was supposed to backwash first :hammer:

so after backwashing til looking glass was clear, I started it on filter, water shooting through return is clean. psi on filter is about 10. my pool is not crystal clear now :cry: its not horribly cloudy, but doesnt have its sparkle and clarity that it had before i screwed it up.

if i run this sandfilter 24 / 7 for a day or so will it clear up? or will i have to do something else?

thanks! other than this little mishap im happy with my new intex 2650 sandfilter, it really got this pool churning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.