Need to go from Green Swamp to Sparkling Pool

Jun 21, 2013
I have a problem. My pool is a SWG system. We went to a pool store and told the guy we were getting ready to start but the water had turned green. He sold us some shock 1lb and algaecide. Told us to add these two products at least an hour apart. Then the next day add the 4 bags of salt. We didn't that and two days later back to square 1 with green water. I have read on this site about using bleach just need to know how much?

Hi, welcome to TFP! First you will need a complete set of test results. I highly recommend you purchase a high quality test kit such and the Taylor K2006 or the TF 100. You will need to be able to test levels greater than 5ppm to complete the shock process to clear your pool. Please read through the shock process and defeating algae for more information on the shock process.

Once you have your test results plug them into the Pool calculator and it will tell you what you need.

The kit I got shows everything is high. I have vacuumed the pool and got alt of the algae out.
Ph_8.2
Fc__20
Stabiler_100
Tc_3
Right now I have to use the kit I have is there in way you can help me with these #s

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Your kit is not a good enough tool to get the job done. Order one of the Recommended Test Kits and read Pool School while waiting for it.

What are you using to test? Is that a strip? Because they are worthless.
How is FC = 20 and TC = 3 ???

If your CYA is truly that high (likely higher), then you need to first replace water to get that back down to around 70pp, and THEN start the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS as was previously suggested.

Since you pool is on the smaller side, you could just drain and start over ...... Then do a faster shock process to make sure everything is out of the pool and then rebalance for the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.