pH at ~7.0. corrected. how long to wait and retest

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
got heavy rainfall last night. was glad to see pool, while overflowing, is still sparkling clear. test results

FC - 4 - added 20 oz bleach

CC - .5 (what should combined chlorine # be anyway? and should i even worry about it? it was an extra step on kit instructions so i did it)

pH - ~7.0 - it was pretty dang light yellow colored. i put it in as 7.0 on pool calc. added borax as instructed plus added 12 oz baking soda for TA as instructed.

TA - 90

CYA - assuming still 0. this is day two. my kids squeezed / shook sock on ladder yesterday, dissolving granules. clouded pool up for about 15 minutes. none on pool bottom anywhere. it may be absorbed. i test CYA tomorrow morning. being patient since there isnt much reagent in k-2006 kit for CYA

pump is going, soda and borax broadcast spread across pool. stirred a bit with skimmer net.

how long should i wait to retest pH before swimming resumes?

thanks!

I would learn to be really patient with the CYA test. It takes a lot of chemical to run the test, so I would advise finding the number and then adding the required amount and waiting at least a week if not two before re-checking.

IE - If you know you're at 0 and it takes 5lbs of the stuff to bring it up, add the stuff, let it dissolve completely, and check a 4-7 days after the sock was emptied. Just my two cents, but I may've tested the CYA too much early on, and it takes a good amount of chemical to run the test. Patience is key with that one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.