Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robotic Pool Vacuums-what do you recommend???

1. Back To Top    #1

Robotic Pool Vacuums-what do you recommend???

I am in the market for a robotic pool cleaner and I'm wondering what type of vacuum have people had luck with.

My neighbor swears by his robot(irobot verro 300- $700). My pool store offers the Prowler 720 for about $1200.

Has anyone had experience with these or other automatic vacs?

One other question- I have a 32K Gal Gunite Pool that has the mushroom caps on the bottom(i call them toe stubbers!!!) Will these vacuums have any problems with these?

Jim
    Jim

32K Gunite Pool
    Attached Spa
    1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Pro Series 224 Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    I think most people are pretty happy with the Blue Pearl and Blue Diamond. I think the Prowler 720 is the same as one of these, but I'm not sure which.

By the mushroom caps, are you talking about an infloor cleaning system?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I think that is what they are, but i don't think they are really cleaning much. They rise up off the floor by an inch or so and I was wondering if the vacuums can work around these...
    Jim

32K Gunite Pool
    Attached Spa
    1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Pro Series 224 Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    I have these jets in my pool as well. What mine do is come up and shoot a jet of water in a specific pattern as to push any dirt on the floor towards my main drain and skimmer where it gets vacuumed up. They work quite well in my pool. I don't have a robot yet, but my system is easy to turn on and off (that is, they run on their own pump so I can continue to filter even with the infloor system off), so I would just keep the floor vac system off when the robot is running. Besides, I wouldn't want it on because it moves the dirt around which would make it that much time consuming for the robot to get all up.
    30K gallon, In-ground Gunite
    Central NJ