Converting Others to BBB

I am visiting my in-laws and they are opening their pool while we are here. They use Baquacil and my father-in-law has just come back from the pool store with 17 pounds of baking soda (his ph is 7.1) and $$$ worth of Baq. for the initial opening. He is off to get some chemical to raise the calcium in his above-ground vinyl pool. I asked him why he adds that to a vinyl pool and his response was "because they tell me to".

No one can connect a hose without his supervision. No one can screen out leaves, without his supervision. No one can ask a question without getting the "look". I'm going to need prozac shortly.

It's a sad fact that the majority of people get things wrong, but they are happy despite the fact that they are getting it wrong.
It's human nature that they rely on what they are comfortable with, are used to using, or are told what to do by 'experts'.

Let them waste their money. Let them get stressed over their pools.

If you're worried about anyone giving you hassle about using 'bleach' in a pool ..... go off and make up a bottle label that says "Acme Pool Chemicals" and stick it over the bleach label. If they ask what it is then say it's Methyl 2-4-6 Trinitrotoluene Solution (that's TNT) :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.