New Pool Owner - Success Story

Jun 1, 2013
Western Ohio
Hello! I am very new to this forum and also a new pool owner. We purchased and setup a new Intex Ultraframe 22x52 (~10,000 gallons) above ground pool. At first I didn't like the idea of a pool, but my wife talked me into it, hehe. After the pool came home, I immediately starting searching the internet for help and found this site. Thank goodness I found you guys! After a weekend of work over Memorial Day weekend leveling the site, setting pavers, and filling the pool we now have a wonderful new hangout spot in the back yard!! I just wanted to extend a huge thanks to all the contributing members here as all the posts have been very helpful in figuring out this pool.

We ended up filling about 9,000 gallons with "city" water trucked in with a family business milk truck, then filled the remaining 1,000 gallons with our well water. This worked fairly well, but our well water contains tons of iron. It hasn't been much of a problem as it has stayed suspended in the water and I have been filtering it out slowly, but surely. After the fill, I read, re-read, and re-read pool school and bought my self the TF100 test kit and started the BBB method. It has been a success so far and my pool is very clear! Here are some numbers:

FC=5
CC=0
TA=130
CYA=25
PH=7.5

Chad

Attachments

• Photo Jun 11, 5 01 50 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 11, 5 01 50 PM.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 58
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.