Purple Creepy Crawler

Jun 11, 2013
I'm in the middle of a complete drain/refill because of super high CYA levels (see my topic below if you want context).

One of the things that worried me was a purple, crystalline substance that has formed on my plastic pool equipment. I can slowly get some of it off if I scrub hard with a washcloth. I want to know: (a) what is it? (is it copper? another metal? something else?) and (b) how diligent should I be about trying to get it off the creepy crawly before I put it back in the new water?

Did I mention that it's like 107 degrees here? I'm worried about the plaster in my pool (I was supposed to fill it last night, but because the drain pump had a leak, I couldn't begin the fill until this morning. I've been trying to wet the sides of the pool as it fills, but the heat and sun just dries it up in a matter of seconds.

Here's a picture of my creepy tube, the purple part and a part that I have scrubbed down for contrast. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• kreepy.jpg
    kreepy.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 47
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.