Bubbles coming out of both return lines - not loosing water.

Jun 9, 2013
I have bubbles coming out of both return lines and I am not loosing water. My clear pump trap lid seems to be bubble free. When I shut the pump/filter off, My water level goes down to low in my pump trap to even try to backwash. I have an older pump. I can't find any spots that are leaking water while it is running. Help! I have noticed water squirting out of my pump trap drain plug when I turn the system off for a few seconds.

Just4guinness

Re: Bubbles coming out of both return lines - not loosing wa

That drain plug is most likely the problem. It's allowing air into the pump while it is running. I'd bet a new O-ring will solve your problem.

[center:93pfrrsi]Round up the usual suspects: low water level, stuck weir in the skimmer, loose drain plugs on the
pump, poor seal on the pump strainer basket, and leaks at the fittings, especially any couplings.
[youtube:93pfrrsi]vtSmfws0_To[/youtube:93pfrrsi][/center:93pfrrsi]

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the O rings on both valves on the intake side. Fixed those and problem went away.

Sounds like you have a different problem, but you know what to look for next.

Tony

:-D

As it turns out, I had a small crack underneath the drain plug in my trap next to the pump. Epoxy glue fixed it and saved me hundreds of dollars!!

tpjenkins said:
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the O rings on both valves on the intake side. Fixed those and problem went away.

Sounds like you have a different problem, but you know what to look for next.

Tony

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.