Help please.....cloudy water not sure what to do!

Jun 9, 2013
So filter ran for days, shock, shock, shock.......blah blah blah!
Heres our numbers
fc 2.69
tc 3.54
cc 0.85
ph 7.5
ta 293
ch 293
cya 10
5,400 gal above ground pool.......i have some cyanuric acid on hand do i add some? wooried about raising it too high

Advice on what to do to clear up the cloudy water please....on a side note filter sand was changed this year as well!

Thanks!!!

Welcome to TFP!

What test kit are you using to get your numbers?

Are you following the shock process as described in Pool School?

Btw, sand very rarely ever actually needs changed.

Thanks for the response, the results are from Clearcare expert computerized water analysis system and as im new to the site i have yet to read the shock process but will do so now.....we started out with low calicum and high ph, lowered ph and raised calicum to current limits and have shocked the pool continous for 3-4 days (keeping the chlorine levels between 5-10)
I know the sand is rare to need changing but figured it wouldnt hurt as the amount in the filter was questionable to begin with.
Thanks again!

Do you own the test equipment? We generally have had very mixed reports of digital testers ... results are questionable.

As you will learn by reading Pool School, to correctly follow the shock process, we recommend the use of either the K2006 or the TF100 test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.