Jandy FloPro 2 Speed Motro Swap 1 HP - 1.5 HP

The HP flow spec is 30-70 GPM.
So in theory I should be within spec on low speed.

This is what AquaCal told me in another post when I was worried about something else the PB wasn't doing correct.

"The normal flow rate through the AquaCal heat pump is 30-70 gpm., 50 gpm being ideal. This is the range of proper efficiency. As you already mentioned, higher flow rates will decrease efficiency"

So it seems like I can/should get my HP to work with my smaller pump, but in all reality the PB should have sized me for a 1.5 HP - very little difference in efficiency but perhaps enough increase to get closer to the optimum 50 GPM.

It is a catch 22 because running at 50 GPM might be better for the heater but the pump will use more energy than at lower flow rates. Not entirely sure which way it will use more energy. The other option is to reduce the impeller size and run on full speed for the heater and low speed other times. The PHPM 0.75 HP impeller is smaller and would produce closer to 50 GPM on high speed.

The HP specs are 30 GPM - 70 GPM.

So in theory if the calcs above are close to accurate, I am within spec and I simply have this pressure issue. I talked with AquaCal again, and there is really no EFFECIENCY gain in a higher GPM, so as long as I am above 30 GPM I should be good.

If I get below 30 GPM I could be in an overheat situation with the water and I might get another error, so I need to verify the temp differential as well.

As always thanks and I will report what happens with changes, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.