IG pool walls

Jun 3, 2013
We live in Virginia Beach, VA and We are in the process of having a 18x40 IG pool installed. My concern is that one corner of the shallow end of the pool is 2" out of level from the deep end. And my other concern is that the right side pool wall looks crooked. The top of the wall is level but goes in and out all of the way down the pool. The builder stated that when he back filled with dirt and filled with water that it would straighten out. Now that he filled with water and started backfilling it looks worse. And he is backfilling with the dirt from the hole and said that after the dirt compacts down that he will be back in 2 weeks to finish backfilling. Does this sound right?

The walls are normally set in concrete. They aren't going to move. I'd be concerned about backfilling with dirt too. It takes years for dirt to naturally settle enough to make a stable surface for concrete.

Pretty much unless you bust it all out.

I would so halt this job and any payments due until it's fixed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.