Public apology

TomAtlanta

Sep 10, 2011
Atlanta Ga
I have gotten several private messages which indicate that my comments a while back about over perfectionism were insulting, offensive or hurtful to some of the members. I apologize for this. I had no intention to insult or offend anyone. I have a lot of respect and gratitude for the trouble free pool forum and to all the people here who have been so helpful.

When I made those comments I thought of them as gentle criticism. Maybe I chose my words poorly. I think of constructive criticism as a normal thing between the best of friends. It is how we learn. I love my wife and we often criticize each other in a friendly way.

Thanks to everyone here. I appreciate and respect you. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

It is often easy to misread intent with online communication, just a couple of days ago I posted a message that was a bit blunt, but to the point and answered the question that was asked. I reread it a couple of hours later and edited it to sound more polite, the truth of the matter was I was on my way out the door and just had about 15- 20 seconds to answer the question in the first place, and I thought the person asking would prefer a pointed immediate answer rather than no response for a few hours. Then when reviewed it, I saw how it could have been taken wrong. Therefore I think it is important for all of us to keep in mind that telling the difference on such things is hard to do online, and when in doubt we should give the benefit of the doubt.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.