When do you turn on your summer setting and when do you swit

Jun 1, 2013
Southeast
I was just curious. With the spurious weather this season, I'm concerned about having the spa freeze. Right now, mine is set to about 104 degrees. Do you just keep it that hot during the summer, shut it of for let it just run at a lower temperature?

It will be my first summer with this rebuilt spa and I've never owned a spa before.

Re: When do you turn on your summer setting and when do you

Most heaters have a freeze protect mode that does not let the water drop below a certain temp. I highly doubt you have to worry about this where you are in the summer (maybe I misunderstood the question?). I run my outdoor tub year round here in Minnesota. I do run it cooler in the summer, usually 90-98 depending on a few different factors and ambient temperature. I run at 101-102 in the winter.

Re: When do you turn on your summer setting and when do you

i'm in florida and my first tub I had from 2002-2012. we ran it at 102-104 year around. but that tub got hotter the longer you are in it. It was 105-106 when we would get out. i use to like it really hot, but the temp i can handle has changed over the last few years. we got a new tub in late 2012 and we have used it from 101-104. it doesn't get hotter the longer you sit in it. so anything under 102 starts to feel too cool for what we like after a few minutes. anything under 102 doesn't seem to penetrate our sore muscles. I just got in from the spa and the wife had it set at 103. it was 85 outside when she was in it. I turned it down to 102 while I was in it. I can't take over 102 for more then 10 minutes in the summer if I don't use the cool down bench in the spa anymore.

it really comes downs to what temp you like and how long you want to sit in it. see what temp you like the best and use that. fee free to change the temp at will. i might use mine at 101 one day and 103 the next or raise/lower the temp while i'm in the spa. witch i do quite a bit with the new spa since it doesn't get hotter the longer you sit in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.